Monday, February 28, 2005

Thumb-Nailed #2


daaaammmmitt!

I have never been struck by lightning, so I wouldn't know if the old adage of "lightning striking twice is true. I do know for a fact that the "Meat Digit" can make an appearance TWICE in practically the same shot almost 10 years apart.

The above picture are from two separate trip I made to Italy. They are both of the Campanile at Saint Marks Square in Venice, Italy. The first time I was an "amateur" photographer in my sophomore year of high school, when I focused my Kodak Disc camera on the famous tower. When I had gotten my photo back I said "F*ck" never thinking I'd return again..Oh how wrong I was. Fate was just waiting to laugh in my face as I again returned to the motherland 9 years later this time as a "semi-professional photographer" as I had taken my share of art and photography courses. So this time I aimed my Minolta Mini and picked a better point of view and clicked away...I get the photo back and said " FUNGULE!" as my Italian had improved.

So twice, in almost a decade the blurred mass known to the locals as "Numero Della Carne" had nailed me good!

2 comments:

Newsquirt said...

that is funny it happened twice in the same place. The meat digit loves to be in pictures it's obvious. :)

ok said...

Ha, funny stuff. More, more, more.