Friday, March 04, 2005

At The End Of A Hook


click image to enlarge

This was another concept sketch I had done based on the children's book series ( and now movie ) "Lemony Snicket: A Series of Unfortunate Events".

I have one of Olaf's henchmen known as the "Hook-Handed Man" threatening one of the main characters Klaus, who is one of the 3 Baudelaire orphans....These were a ton of fun to do, because I was just able to go nuts and envision the characters the way I thought they would look, I did use some of the illustrations in the book as a base..As you can see I wanted the Hook Handed man to have a ton of scars and band aids covering cuts from him itching or even picking his nose.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Lars said...

Love it! I just got done reading the 4th book...that's an excellent drawing of Klaus.