Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Don't Stop Believin'!!


holy sh!t

Yup that image above is from an Atari game based on 80's mega band "Journey". This game hit the market in '82 with the tagline ""And just like Journey Says ... Some May Win ... and Some May Lose."

The game was mega hyped, it had a television commercial and was upposed to be a rockin adventure to save the band from groupies and the evil rock promoters...WHAT? RUN from the groupies? With a horrible Atari-esque version of "Don't Stop Believin'"

I never played this game, I was wasting my valuable childhood playing horsecrap like "E.T", and really wasn't that into Journey, being that I was eight and was too busy listening to records where you had to turn a page when you heard a chime. I did find an article someone wrote about this game and you can READ IT HERE Man, sounds like it was absolute dreck, and it wouldn't take Steve Perry to smell the sh!t that it was.

I did hear about this game and looked on a few sites ( and yes a dude had them on ebay)and I'll be damned if it wasn't some urban legend, now that I appreciate Journey and their musical stylings, I would love to at least for nostalgias sake, find this on an emulator. Or get the 6 bucks for the one on ebay.

No comments: